Monday, July 18, 2011

My kitten is injured

Was bawling when I saw my kitten (9 months old), shuffling her hind legs and walking like a duck yesterday night. She was still well and running around when we left home in the afternoon. Felt that my hearts were shattered to pieces seeing how she moves. She didn't wimper or show any signs that things were not well with her. Cumulative with my frail emotions that has been dangling by the thread since I found out that my cancer had metastasize, make all the raw emotions just come to the surface. Could not really sleep throughout the night, catching only an hours worth of eye shut waiting for morning to arrive so that I can bring Georgie (my kitten's name) to the vet when the clinic opens. Doc examined her and find that her hind legs are still strong, her lower spine seems to be more sensitive. She was given an anti-inflammatory shot and was told to be carefully observed at home to see if there's improvements with 2 additional dose of anti-inflammatory medicine over a period of 48 hours. So far (about 12 hours later), she is still the same waddling around and pretty much staying put at a spot. I pray hard that she will recover with her second dose. One of the thoughts that came to my mind when I found Georgie in her current state is that I am a jinx or seriously jinxed. A recurrence, husband's present spate with his mother and Georgie's situation just make it real hard for me to bear. Feel like hiding or disappearing. Avoidance some may call and many would not endorse. The objective self knows what needs to be done but the emotional self just refuses. Clashing thoughts. Constant struggle. May be a fruitless or meaningless struggle. Looking at my cute Georgie often makes me feel better forgetting about the worries even temporarily makes me feel somewhat better. Really prays that this little one will survive through. Georgie BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment