Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Trying out a new recipe






Going to the supermarket late at night half an hour before they are closed means that choices are often very limited. Apart from whole chicken (which is too much for 2 of us), the only available ones are these mid-joints and would have to make some fried wings for dinner tonight.

Bought some hot pepper flakes from a Korean supermarket recently intending to make some Kimchi soup but have yet to get round to it so I decided to use it to marinate this chicken since the Mister loves spicy food.

Not sure if my concoction here will work out but here what I used for the marinade.

  • 1 inch ginger finely minced
  • 2 cloves garlic finely minced
  • 2 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 heap tablespoon Korean hot pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1-2 tablespoon light soy sauce
I am leaving it to marinade for about 3 hours before I fry them for dinner tonight. Will let you know the results. 



No comments:

Post a Comment