Saturday, April 18, 2009

Chocolate Cookies

Another attempt in trying something from 101cookbooks and its Itsy Bitsy Chocolate Chip Cookie caught my eyes (and my tummy :P).

As I wasn't able to get all the ingredients from my local organic foodstore, I made some substitutes (and little tweaks to the composition).
  • 135g Lindt Dark Chocolates (70%) for 5 ounces good-quality semi-sweet chocolate bar (Scharffen Berger 62%)
  • unbleached baking flour (organic) for whole wheat pastry flour
  • normal sugar for natural cane sugar (or brown sugar)
  • natural grain sugar (it's the largest grain sugar at the store =P) for large-grain sugar
Instead of whisking together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, oats, walnuts, and shaved chocolate, I merely mixed them up with a spoon.

The dark chocolates give a slight bitter taste, which is balanced out by the sugar sprinkles (and the other sugar ingredients), to the cookies.

I was too lazy to measure and flatten out the dough, I just plonked small heaps on dough onto the baking tray thus I had to adjust the baking time. :)


The final product. Hurray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment