Saturday, April 18, 2009

What's for dinner tonight



Decided to try my hands in making Chunky Celery Soup (from 101cookbooks) for dinner tonight.
And it's the first time that I'm using wild rice as an ingredient. So excited.

I'm quite happy with the outcome. The wild rice added texture to the soup which tastes great with each spoonful. Yum.

I've cooked the wild rice in an electric rich cooker and I was worried would not work. I was relieve when t gave off a very nice nutty aroma that fills the whole house beautifully.

I made some baked-fried chicken to satisfy the carnivorous mister at home. I seasoned them with Shao Xing wine, soy sauce, rosemary and a dash of sesame seed oil the night before. I baked them for about 10 minutes on each side in a 180 degrees oven. It turned beautifully golden brown.
These 2 dishes go great with steamed brown cum white rice.

Hope you enjoy my post today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment