Friday, April 17, 2009

My Quick Simple Meatless Lunch



I made some soba noodles with napa cabbages, tofu, wakame and chinese parsley. Only the soba noodles are organic. The noodles store well and make a quick meal.

I've used Kallo Yeast Free Vegetable Stock Cubes for my soup base. I've used only a quarter cube to about 300ml of water. The cubes does not contain salt that I like as I can adjust the saltiness according to my liking. I just switched to using sea salt in my cooking after reading lots of report and articles regarding regular table salt. Also, I'm trying to cut down on consuming processed food due to my condition (GIST - gastro-intestinal stroma tumor).

I've bought these cubes at Meidi-Ya Supermarket at Liang Court at their organic food section. I can't recall the exact amount I've paid for it but it should be in the region of SGD8-10.


I love shopping at Meidi-Ya and its adjacent drug store as it carries lots of Japan imported beauty products. :)

To the soup base, I added napa cabbage (about 3 "leaves"), Tung-I tofu (made from non-GMO soy beans) for protein, enoki mushroom (love them), chinese parsley (for the fragrance and crunch) and sliced chilli padi (for the spiciness and color).

I do not cook my chinese parsley directly in the soup base, I just chopped them up and placed them in my bowl, I'll then ladle the noodles and broth directly onto them.


It takes less than 10 minutes for my lunch to be ready and it provides me with all the necessary nutrients - carbohydrates (soba noodles), protein (tofu) and fibre (vegetables).

2 comments:

  1. wow the noodle dish sound good.. I shall try it one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the noodle dish sound good, I shall try it one day

    ReplyDelete